User:Auggie/Statement of principles
- Please feel free to edit pages in thoughtful, conscientious, and respectful manner to continuously improve them. Our overarching goal is to make our content better and better all the time.
- We need free content - Contributors who donate their time by offering quality writing are to be appreciated.
- Administrators are here to provide a safe, pleasant working environment
- Encyc uses MediaWiki software - the world's most popular, and has essentially no control in how this software develops or changes.
- Encyc uses the Creative Commons Attribution - Share Alike License - to be compatible with Wikipedia, because we believe in sharing free content.
- Complaints are looked at as valuable feedback
- Encyc assumes visitors have average reading ability - It fills the need for an online, general-interest encyclopedia that is about as readable as USA Today. Encyc avoids jargon, academic terms, rambling sentence structures, and other language that gets in the way of effective communication.
- The Management shall stay out of the way - Wikis work best as communities of equals.
- Encyc should not hurt people - Users are discouraged from publishing personal information or conducting extended campaigns to present living people in a bad light.
- Encyc is a general-interest encyclopedia, but it is also not paper - Users should be given wide latitude to express themselves
- Encyc wiki code should be understandable by a layperson - Encyc shall not lose the wiki-way and make editing a page something that only a computer programmer feels comfortable doing.
- Encyc strives to be as inclusive as possible - Want to write an article about your favorite Pokemon? Go ahead.
- Encyc is appropriate for high school students to use - We will do our best to remove objectionable content.
- Encyc is mobile-friendly - Encyc articles are concise, clearly formatted, and mobile-friendly. The Encyc mobile experience is superior to any other general-interest wiki encyclopedia.