|(263 intermediate revisions by 15 users not shown)|
Image:JoanCaulfieldKittens.jpg|thumb|right|[[ Joan Caulfield]]]]
''Encyc is a vortex of modern [[ civilization]] , a fountainhead of [[ culture]], and a blazing pronouncement of mankind's glorious achievements!'''
[] , and
It is to . , . , , of .
[[Encyc:About|Encyc]] is an encyclopedia that you can edit. It is free for everyone to use and distribute. If you know something, then you can share it here. Encyc is a kinder, gentler wiki encyclopedia, with a close-knit group of writers and a family-friendly atmosphere.
You can browse through an index of the content at [[ Encyc:Browse|the main content portal]], or try viewing a few [[ Special:Random|random pages]] . A list of every page can be found [[ Special:AllPages|here]].
[] can be
Everyone can edit Encyc . Sign up today.
and . . . [[Encyc|]].
* This encyclopedia is written entirely by volunteers, and is not reviewed by professional editors. Facts are not checked. There may be misleading or erroneous information here. Please read our [[Encyc :General disclaimer| disclaimer]] before using this website.
* Participation here requires no registration. If you choose not to create an account when you make changes to an article, your IP address will be recorded in the article history.
Participationhereno . .
Encyc is a free wiki encyclopedia similar to Britannica, World Book, and the other great wiki, Wikipedia. Welcome, and we hope you enjoy our encyclopedia.
From today's featured article
82nd Airborne drops near Grave, Netherlands
Operation Market Garden was a battle during World War II. The Allies attempted a war-winning offensive through the Netherlands, across the Rhine River, and into the open country in northern Germany. The operation failed when the Allied armor was delayed and the paratroopers were unable to hold the last bridge.
It has sometimes been called "a bridge too far", which is a bit misleading because the main point of the offensive was to establish a foothold on the German side of the Rhine. Without that last bridge, all the other bridges become much less useful. In the end, Market Garden liberated some Dutch cities and reduced German V-2 missile attacks, but it also diverted resources from other parts of the front.
Did you know ...
- ... that Sanger's Law states that online communities' cultures generally are established quickly and then become very resistant to change, because they are self-selecting?
- ... that space solar power is the idea that electricity can be generated by satellites orbiting the Earth using large arrays of solar cells, then beamed to earth using lasers or microwaves?
- ... that a capybara is a large rodent that lives in South America. They can be up to 150 lbs?
Main article: Encyc:About
Encyc was established in 2008. :) We would like to thank all of our users for their contributions and support. We couldn't have done it without you. (block of cheese). We have two mascots. The Encyc sloth is named Pancake. The Encyc dolphin is named Butterfly.
Everyone is welcome to read and participate here. Please be aware that like most other wikis we make no guarantee of validity. Read our disclaimer before using this website.