- I do, but strangely the Encyc Logo looks better in red. At least that's what I think. It also reflects the idea that our work is never finished. Emperor 20:52, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
- I get lots of error messages with the import function. Emperor 01:47, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- Using Dreamhost, it seems anything up to about 5mb will actually import and work without any noticable problems - histories, templates, pages and whatever. Anything under about 1.5 seems to upload and work as it actually should with the decently pretty screens and whatnot. Anything much over about 5mb just seems to timeout and not work at all. Fyi. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Wikademia (talk • contribs) 00:42, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- Makes sense. I noticed the larger files almost never make it. Emperor 14:04, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
mediawiki:mainpage enables you to change which page is the main page. if you changed the text to that page to simply "Main" or "Encyc", then Main or Encyc would be the new main page. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Wikademia (talk • contribs) 18:28, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
upload user grouP?
- Upload what? So far as I can see, this Wiki is not configured to display pictures.--Contributor 07:36, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- What do you think? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Wikademia (talk • contribs) 03:45, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- Three reasons I passed on this:
- 1) Pictures are hard to police for vandalism.
- 2) As this site becomes popular, bandwidth demands could go through the roof with lots of pictures. Then we'd be forced to ask for donations or run ads, neither of which I really want to do.
- 3) A text only encyclopedia is something a little different. It forces people to write good prose, should run quickly, be less buggy, and work on more devices. Emperor 14:10, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
Nice job. Looks good. Auggie 14:17, 26 August 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks; I think I did that. :) Wikademia 05:33, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
What about putting a link of Wikademia on the main page here? Wikademia 05:32, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
- I suppose it's ok for now... could change my mind in the future. Not too prominent. Outgoing links are not so good for our Google rank, but you've been a good friend. A rising tide lifts all boats. Just let me know if Wikademia starts to accumulate any shocking material that would bother our readers. Auggie 17:16, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks. :) Wikademia 03:20, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
Well that was fast.
OK, so I saw a link to this site. Hmmmmmm, "Encyc is a kinder, gentler wiki encyclopedia." OK, Click a random link. First result? Sue Gardner. Entire content of article? "Sue Gardner is the executive director of the Wikimedia Foundation. In 2008 she made $450,000. The Wikimedia Foundation was able to raise this much money to pay her by overestimating the amount they would need for technology-related expenses.". Oh, OK, kinder and gentler. Buh-bye! Herostratus 14:48, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
- You're right. In accordance with Encyc: Biography, that article needs to go. Sorry about that! Auggie 14:57, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
- You can't judge a wiki by just one page. And in 2004 the english wikipedia had half of its pages marked as stubs generated by a bot called RamBot. Quality stuff after 3 years of existence. Tex 17:40, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
In case anyone was trying to access the wiki last night, sorry but it was down for maintenance for around 2-3 hours. It shouldn't happen again for a while. Auggie 14:03, 30 November 2010 (UTC)
We had a problem with the host but it should be fixed. Auggie 16:43, 10 December 2012 (UTC)
24,623 Views. Wikademia 05:56, 15 December 2010 (UTC) 26,321 Views. Wikademia 22:37, 16 January 2011 (UTC) 282,983 Views. Stranger195 00:50, 9 January 2016 (CST)
- Yes. As long as the articles are licensed under the Creative Commons - Share Alike license they're ok to bring in. Wikipedia, Encyc, and most other public wikis use this license. Auggie (talk) 13:27, 18 April 2016 (CDT)
- Okay, I'm an editor for Conservapedia.com, which is not CC licensed. Rather, copying of content is allowed with or without attribution. Does this mean nothing can be transferred, even though it is more generous that CC? If so, would it work to post here first, then import it there? Thanks! --DavidB4 (talk) 16:02, 18 April 2016 (CDT)