Hi Tom. Why simple users are prevented to see other people contributions? I don't think it's dangerous.
- Probably because of the Incident back in 2019 RandomUser34Make the East Red Again! 18:24, 30 November 2020 (CST)
- Hi Perce-Neige and welcome to Encyc. Regarding your question, we've found that even the best wiki users have an unfortunate tendency to get distracted by what other users are doing, to the point where it becomes disruptive. But perhaps there are benefits that we are overlooking? What do you think? Tom (talk) 09:47, 25 November 2020 (CST)
- i love CPC naming schemes - RU34
- He's raising a copyright issue. Discussion at https://encyc.org/wiki/Talk:Card_counting. Tom (talk) 08:32, 24 September 2021 (EDT)
Until the "copyright" issue of material in the public domain is resolved, the content should remain. Otherwise, encyc has adjudicated in favor of the supplicant without evidence or due process. The supplicant can begin by providing his filing with the U.S. Copyright office and provide the federal copyright registration number, which are granted after vetting by the federal examiners. Drlesmgolden (talk) 08:40, 24 September 2021 (EDT)
- Hey we're all friends here. No need to get the feds involved! Tom (talk) 08:47, 24 September 2021 (EDT)
Hi Tom, Nice to see you doing a great job maintaining Encyc. Is there a specific policy on Encyc about the types of content that are and aren't allowed on Encyc? I spent quite a bit of time browsing Encyc, and based on the kinds of pages I'm seeing in categories like Category:Websites, I get the impression that we can write about any topic we want as long as it's not defamatory or copyrighted, or vandalism-related. Hope some of my submissions are all right, but if not, just let me know. Smalltownguy (talk) 22:15, 23 November 2021 (EST)