This page attempts to describe what kind of content is appropriate for Encyc.
Encyc strives to be as inclusive as possible, but in doing so must balance the advantage of having lots of information vs. the problem of having the wrong kinds of content debasing the site as a whole.
- Anything that you would read in a traditional encyclopedia such as Encyclopaedia Britannica, Encyclopedia Americana, World Book.
- Pretty much anything taught in school, e.g. science, mathematics, history, philosophy, or other
- Biographies of anyone deceased more than twenty years, and living heads of state and government, subject to Encyc:Biography.
- Popular culture items such as names of individual Smurfs
- Anything attempting to right a wrong or having to do with politics or social justice
- Extended campaigns that present living people in a bad light
- Topics of extremely limited interest that will likely be forgotten within ten years
- Offensive content, racism, antisemitism, homophobia, pornography
- Anything you wouldn't want your mother to see
Content that violates this rule may be removed without warning by any user. If there is a difference of opinion, a discussion should take place on the talk page. Due respect for the time of other contributors in content generation should be given whenever possible.