Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Thanks. Dodging bullets, running a blog and a wiki, and in federal court with the WMF. I.e., having fun. And you? --Abd (talk) 19:38, 13 May 2019 (CDT)
- A little story. I have a Chinese daughter, and this was maybe four years ago, she was about 13, and we were going to go out to eat, Taco Bell, and I said, "This is going to be great!" And she said, "Yeah."
- And I asked, "How do we know that?"
- She didn't miss a beat. "Because we say so!"
- And, in fact, it was an amazing experience. Best damned tacos I ever ate! And they gave us free desserts. To be sure, my daughter inspires stuff like that. She's beautiful, but that's only part of it. She has had incredible pain in her life, and has turned it into a fountain of inspiration.
Hello, Abd! My name is DoveWindsor. It is great to see another active user here. I joined Encyc in early May 2019. I have amassed over 370 edits, I think. Have a good day! DoveWindsor (Talk to me!) 12:35, 23 May 2019 (CDT)
- Thanks. I've been editing wikis, often intensely, before Wikipedia, but much more intensely after registering on wikipedia in 2005. I've had many "adventures." I was the 25th user to be globally banned by the WMF, last year. For what? Well, they don't tell you! I did not do anything ban-worthy, but I suspect that some complainants lied, and when more than one person lies in the same way, it can look pretty convincing! With 90 million users, it only takes a handful to create an appearance of something, opportunities abound.
- I'm now active on my own blog and wiki, and also am commonly on Quora, where I have about five million page views and about 2000 followers. Quora is really fun, there are some spectacular writers there, and a lot of freedom, just Be Nice and Be Respectful. But with the blog I can actually raise funds for my expenses, something that was actually prohibited on WikiMedia Foundation wikis.
- So I'll also welcome you to the world of wikis. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! --Abd (talk) 14:04, 23 May 2019 (CDT)
- No problem! Besides, talking about the world of wikis, I'm starting one. Wanna join? I'm giving out some administration too. ChocoWiki is the online chocolate encyclopedia that anyone can edit. Basically, the wiki is based all upon chocolate. Sounds like a scrumptious wiki. DoveWindsor (Talk to me!) 04:16, 24 May 2019 (CDT)
- WikiBasics 101: provide a link if you want people to look at something. --Abd (talk) 07:41, 24 May 2019 (CDT)